Saturday, May 6, 2017

Two moons in China

Last month I had the opportunity to travel to two new locations here in China: Guilin, in the province of GuangXi, and Yulong Snow Mountain, just a few miles north of Lijiang. I have seen second one thousand of times, but had never been there.


In Guilin, I stayed in a small town called Yangshuo, apart from the city and immersed in a large complex of small hills. I expected clear skies at night, but it seems the air pollution stays trapped in the middle of the hill forest. On the second night in the hotel I had a splendid view of a rising moon and decided to give it some shots with a pocket size camera. I wasn’t happy with the results of the camera itself and decided to combine two of the shots: for a wider view coming closer to the moon and this was the final result:


The second photo is much more fascinating.  I was on the viewing platform of Yulong Snow mountain, at 4446 meters altitude, when I noticed that the moon was traveling the blue sky looking for a place to hide behind the majestic snowy peek. The result, a snowy and white “conjunction” between the mountain and the moon.


Which one is your favorite?



LG



Edited by Jennifer Steinberg (editor in chief).


No comments:

Post a Comment